Rooftop Garden at Nara Pref. Kashihara Branch Office
From here, you get a panoramic view of the Asuka area, including the three mountains of Yamato.
- Take the Nara Kotsu bus and get off at Tokiwa-cho Higashi
- 605-5 Tokiwa-cho, Kashihara-shi
Fujiwara Palace Site
This is the former site of a palace in Japan’s largest ancient capital. This historic legacy symbolizes a magnificent story of nation-building.
Man’yo Botanical Garden Road in Amakashino-oka
This is a trail in the hills of Amakashino-oka. Take a stroll and you’ll encounter hydrangeas, forest ghost flowers, and other plants and flowers that appear in the Man’yoshu.
Asuka Ornament-Making Class
You can try your hand at crafting a mini bronze mirror like those excavated from ancient tombs or accessories, such as glass beads and stone magatama.
- Please call for details
- Magatama 400 yen; glass beads 600 yen; mirror 1,500 yen
- 7 min. walk from Kintetsu Asuka Station
- Asuka Historical National Government Park Hall, 538 Hirata, Asuka-mura
- Asuka Historical National Government Park
Nara Prefecture Complex of Man’yo Culture
This museum has Man’yoshu-themed nihonga (Japanese-style paintings) on display, exhibits that let you experience Man’yo culture, and more.
- 10:00–17:30 (enter by 17:00); Closed Mon. (or Tues. if Mon. is a holiday)
- 600 yen
- Take the Nara Kotsu bus and get off at Man’yo-bunkakan, or take the Akakame bus and get off at Man’yo-bunkakan Nishiguchi
- 10 Asuka, Asuka-mura
- Nara Prefecture Complex of Man'yo Culture